Manage episode 356657076 series 1355245
In this episode of Insight Hour, Joseph Goldstein explores what compassion is, the wisdom that gives rise to it, and how we can manifest it in the world.
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp. Click to receive 10% off your first month with your own licensed professional therapist: betterhelp.com/insighthour
“When compassion and wisdom are both present in our lives, even to a small extent, there’s really a remarkable transformation, because they bring a creative power to the way we live, the way we act, the way we relate. When wisdom and compassion are both there, they help us go beyond the conventional response.” – Joseph Goldstein
In this episode, Joseph talks about:
- How wisdom and compassion work together
- What compassion is and the wisdom that gives rise to it
- The four insights that can help us keep our hearts open in the midst of the great suffering in the world
- How compassion grows and deepens within us
- The different ways compassionate action manifests in the world
- The Bodhisattva Vows and the act of dedicating one’s life and practice to the benefit of all beings
This dharma talk from July 23, 2004, was originally published on Dharma Seed.