Manage episode 312570957 series 3238084
Welcome back to another episode of the ACN Podcast.
On today's episode I speak with Dr Jamie Ranse FACN. Jamie currently works as a Research Fellow, in the area of Emergency Care, at Griffith University. Jamie's primary areas of research include Mass Gatherings, and Disaster Health.
Along with his research, Jamie holds prominent leadership positions within these areas, including:
- Chair of the Mass Gathering Special Interest Group for the World Association for Disaster & Emergency Medicine (WADEM)
- Ongoing involvement with the ACN's Disaster Health COI (Chair)
- Founding Director of 'Mass Gathering Collaboration'
- Former Chief Nursing Officer for St John Ambulance
- Former Company Director of the College of Emergency Nursing Australasia (CENA)
Within the episode, Jamie outlines the differences between Disaster Health, and Mass Gatherings, and the challenges presented to each. Jamie specifically highlights the role nurses, including nursing students, could play in a Disaster response; and drawing from real examples, details how nurses could prepare for such events.
It was an absolute pleasure to have Dr Jamie Ranse FACN on the podcast; and it's clear he is passionate about his work, and the future of both of these areas. This episode was recorded in April 2020.
Dr Jamie Ranse FACN -