Manage episode 292394912 series 2101162
This week on Real Talk with Rachael I'm talking with author Jeannie Cunnion about her new book Don’t Miss Out: Daring to Believe Life is Better with the Holy Spirit. Jeannie is well known for writing stories that make much of the wild love of Jesus because of how her life has been rescued by it. She is also a beloved Bible teacher and sought-after speaker who has been featured on outlets such as the TODAY show, Fox News, The 700 Club, and Focus on the Family. Jeannie, who holds a master’s degree in social work, worked as a counselor and trainer in the adoption field before writing. She is a wife to Mike and a mama to five boys she is crazy about.Key Points from Our Conversation:
- God equips us for what He's called us to do. If we let our feelings of inadequacy stop us from pursuing our God-given dreams, we forfeit the supernatural work in our lives.
- The Holy Spirit is undervalued in the church, but He is equal to God and Jesus and essential for a thriving faith. When we view Him as such, we become open to His very distinct purpose in our lives.
- Most people assume that the Holy Spirit is for the extremes, but it's a gift from Jesus. He gave us a friend so that we'd never be without Him, so it makes sense that the enemy would distort our view of Him.
- Speaking in tongues is a spiritual gift that brings intimacy into the relationship with the Holy Spirit. Not everyone will receive this gift, but if you do, you should embrace it. It's encouragement for your spirit.
- Spiritual gifts are appointed by the Holy Spirit, everyone has at least one, they are meant for the common good, and should be used to build the church.
- If you want to learn more about the Holy Spirit, start by reading John 14-16, as well as Galatians, Romans, and Ephesians.
- Christ's power, the disciple's power, and our power comes from the Holy Spirit. He gives us the strength we need to fulfill what God has called us to.
- "If we have the Spirit of God, we have everything we need.”
Ask yourself these 2 questions this week - what do you believe about the Holy Spirit? What is your relationship with Him - is He your best friend or is He distant?Episode Sponsor: