Manage episode 347635992 series 2769176
Noa Goodman is a pelvic health physical therapist who specializes in Trauma-Informed Care for all ages, genders, and abilities at UPMC Centers for Rehab Services. She practices and trains clinicians in Trauma-Informed Care and Gender-Affirming Physical Therapy including Transgender Care. She is Board Certified WCS and Board Certified Lymphedema Therapist (LANA).
- Defining Trauma-Informed and Gender-Affirming Care
- Post-operative treatment for non-cisgender men
- Recent research and innovation opportunities
- Creating a safe space by treating the person first then the pelvis second
- How pelvic PT can improve the quality of life for all people
- What is something you have watched, read, or listened to that the audience should know? The Pain Gap: How Sexism and Racism in Healthcare Kill by: Anushay Hossain
- Who is someone the audience should follow to learn more about today’s topic? Dr. Sadie Elisseou, Dr. Diana Jacobs
- What is something the audience should take a look at if they want to take a deeper dive into some of the things we talked about today? TransPride Pittsburgh Health & Wellness Conference
“ Use gender-inclusive language. Commit to trauma-informed care and receive ongoing diversity and health training.” - Noa Goodman
Connect with Noa!
Win a Digital Boost Pack - SIGN UP HERE
Do you want to be part of PT Pintcast Book Club? Join the PT Pintcast Happy Hour Facebook Group for more information
PT Pintcast is brewed by:
Practice Freedom U
For PT Owners who want to Treat Less, Earn More, and create the business you’ve always dreamed of. Take the Practice Quiz now to see where you stack up. Visit practicefreedomu.com.
YOUR CBD Store - get the ABC’s of CBD at CBDRX4u.com
Providing awesome adventures in patient care for physical therapists who care about where they’re going! Look no further than JacksonTherapy.com
An EMR is to a Physical Therapist as a Hammer is to a Carpenter. You deserve to LOVE USING IT!
It’s time for something better. It’s time for something customizable. That’s where MWTherapy comes in, take a demo of their amazing EMR now at MWTherapy.com where switching your EMR is easy!
Brooks Rehabilitation Institute of Higher Learning
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning is a world class organization on the cutting edge of evidence-informed practice and professional development for rehabilitation professionals. Learn more at BrooksIHL.org.
Owens Recovery Science
Your single course for clinicians who want certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the equipment YOU Need to apply it properly In your clinical practice. Find out where you can get certified NEXT at www.owensrecoveryscience.com.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy