How does a physical therapist practice primary care?
Manage episode 348371675 series 2769176
Katie O’Bright is a physical therapist who is passionate about educating on the importance of primary care PT roles in a team-based setting. . She is the founder and owner of Redefine Health Education which is a live and on-demand continuing education platform with specific topics on primary care and musculoskeletal imaging. Previously working at a military PT, she has the experience and knowledge working in interdisciplinary teams on the frontlines of healthcare.
- Defining primary care in physical therapy
- The importance of working in a multidisciplinary team-based approach
- Understanding differential diagnosis and thorough examination of each and every patient
- The future of primary care physical therapists
- Why should physical therapists read and understand musculoskeletal imaging?
- Who is someone the audience should follow to learn more about today’s topic? Seth Peterson, Rebekah Griffith
- What is something the audience should take a look at if they want to take a deeper dive into some of the things we talked about today? Redefine Health Education Primary Care PT, APTA Primary Care SIG
- Why should people care about this episode/topic? You might not be seeing it, but it is seeing you. Quote from Barb Stevens of Bellin College
“In Primary Care PT, it’s about us integrating into primary care for the benefit of our patients so they can get better outcomes and better care quickly. We can provide those services right at the first point of care.” - Katie O’Bright
Connect with Katie and Redefine Health Education!
- Instagram: @katieobright @redefinehealthed
- Redefine Health Education
- About Katie
- APTA Primary Care SIG
PROMO CODE!!! Need to refresh your primary care clinical fundamental medical screening, triage, imaging, labs, and hands-on exam skills? Join a Redefine Foundations for the Primary Care Therapist course. Use promo code “ptpintcast” (case sensitive) at the checkout page for $50 off any in-person courses in 2023.
Win a Digital Boost Pack - SIGN UP HERE
Do you want to be part of PT Pintcast Book Club? Join the PT Pintcast Happy Hour Facebook Group for more information
PT Pintcast is brewed by:
Practice Freedom U
For PT Owners who want to Treat Less, Earn More, and create the business you’ve always dreamed of. Take the Practice Quiz now to see where you stack up. Visit practicefreedomu.com.
YOUR CBD Store - get the ABC’s of CBD at CBDRX4u.com
Providing awesome adventures in patient care for physical therapists who care about where they’re going! Look no further than JacksonTherapy.com
An EMR is to a Physical Therapist as a Hammer is to a Carpenter. You deserve to LOVE USING IT!
It’s time for something better. It’s time for something customizable. That’s where MWTherapy comes in, take a demo of their amazing EMR now at MWTherapy.com where switching your EMR is easy!
Brooks Rehabilitation Institute of Higher Learning
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning is a world-class organization on the cutting edge of evidence-informed practice and professional development for rehabilitation professionals. Learn more at BrooksIHL.org.
Owens Recovery Science
Your single course for clinicians who want certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the equipment YOU Need to apply it properly In your clinical practice. Find out where you can get certified NEXT at www.owensrecoveryscience.com.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
The leaders in orthopedic PT are the academy OF orthopedic PT, orthoPT.org now with Current concepts of Orthopedic PT 5th edition.