ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
Your Internal Legal System is Criminalizing Your Potential
Manage episode 366087903 series 2923058
Your internal legal system is a set of rules that consciously or unconsciously governs your life. Then you're left wondering why it feels so much easier to self abandon instead of self promote. Say buh bye to all the ways you are judging and holding yourself back
- The internal legal system governs your behavior based on cultural, religious or personal beliefs.
- This system creates rules for how you show up in the world and react to people and situations you encounter.
- There is the letter of the law that leads to transactional behaviors (if I do this, I get that) or judgements of others (because they did this, I will/won;t do that).
- Even deeper is the spirit of the law which is the motivation behind the rules of engagement and rooted in keeping you safe and accepted within your community.
- Our laws are based on external validation and people pleasing, which can make them restrict behavior based on achieving what would make us successful on our terms.
Subscribe to the Architecting YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF6YRsB8K--OC1pH8nc8rDA
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019