ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
Maintaining the status quo is slowly killing you
Manage episode 362665666 series 2923058
Stuck in a cycle of meeting expectations instead of meaningful work? Feel like your career is on autopilot? Listen in to learn how to stop feeding the machine and letting expediency rule.
- Sign up for Stressless Success to dive deeper into this issue https://architecting.samcart.com/products/stressless-success-academy/
- We stay in our comfort zone because it is predictable (even when it's painful). Living by habits allows us to avoid confronting ourselves or others.
- Habits are unconscious behaviors. Task habits let you work efficiently. Lifestyle habits are defaults to please others and numb out of situations.
- When your life is driven by the need to meet expectations vs doing what feels meaningful to you, you focus more on finishing a task than the pleasure of doing or making.
- Feeding the machine in this way is unsustainable and you will either break down or start playing very small.
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019