ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
Visionary Leadership and the Growth Mindset: Interview with Steph Tuss
Manage episode 364001191 series 2923058
Visionary leadership is all about shifting from "me" to "we." To encourage a growth mindset and a common vision where risk taking is comfortable, acceptable and expected. My guest Steph Tuss shares pro tips for creating meaningful visions and getting buy in for them.
- Success is not a destination but a journey. Instead of seeing is as a stationary point in your life, view it as something you move towards every day.
- Your quality of life isn't tied to the roles and recognition you achieve, but the experiences you have.
- When you lead with purpose, you have the ability to inspire regardless of your level of expertise.
- Either you are confident you can help someone, or they are confident you can't
- Visionary leaders communicate to their team a future possibility that transcends financial goals, mission or values.
- Sunshining mistakes- (what, how it was made and the lesson learned) regularly removes the negative consequences of failing.
- Fear is a sign of growth- you are moving out of your comfort zone.
Listen to Steph's podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-successful-mind-podcast/id1364135487
Connect with Steph on Instagram: @stephtuss
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019