ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
Green Infrastructure, Equity, and Innovation: Interview with Vincent Lee
Manage episode 361243999 series 2923058
This Earth Day, we focus on resilience. Vincent Lee shares how his work to develop green infrastructure is driving not just sustainable solutions, but cultivating wellbeing and health equity.
- Innovation comes from being curious, open to different perspectives and persistent. These traits allow you to consider divergent ideas and keep trying when something doesn't work.
- Look at strategies to include more green infrastructure vs. gray (traditional) in your projects. Green infrastructure is a cross disciplinary approach that can cost less in the end and is easier to maintain.
- Co-Create solutions together. Expand your network of agencies and consultant partners to arrive at more expanded solutions.
- Look for the secondary benefits of the solutions you provide to add more value and get more buy in.
- Technology will help drive resilient solutions through AI and machine learning. See Arup Sponginess Studies here: https://www.arup.com/perspectives/sponginess-and-why-it-matters
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019