ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
The I’m Fine Culture as Success Saboteur
Manage episode 360668783 series 2923058
The meme of I'm Fine is getting old. Hiding behind your ability to drag ourselves across the finish line is no real accomplishment. In this episode, I explore what you might be avoiding because being fine keeps you stuck in overwhelm and burnout.
- What is the secondary benefit you get from being stoic about your suffering? What do you get to avoid doing as a result?
- Being "fine" let's you put the real things that would bring you peace and fulfillment in the too hard basket. You remain a victim to obligations instead.
- Stop showing up compromised. Be willing to be vulnerable about what you need by taking time for self care and enforcing boundaries around your time and resources.
- Empower others to find a solution, even if it means they might fail. You never learn the way if you never get to navigate.
- Register for my Mentoring Panel Discussion here: https://mailchi.mp/1405412d1435/mentor
- Register for my Low Key Time management workshop here: https://mailchi.mp/a412afce746b/lowkey
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019