With Karl Hughes. Working With Intention In Your Career
Manage episode 343357298 series 3018933
It was a pleasure to sit down and chat with Karl for this episode which went off on such a massive tangent at the start. Despite that, we felt it was worth keeping, as sometimes it's worth doing things a little differently. If you want to skip to the more tech/work/career aspect of the episode, jump up to about the 21 or 32 minute mark.
Some points from the episode:
- Should people be paid based on where they live or should they be paid on the role and its value to the company/organisation?
- How do you make the mental shift from employee to business owner when creating a business?
- What do you really want to do all day (5 days a week, 44-odd weeks a year)?
- When do you work best?
- Where do you work best?
- Work with intention.
- If you decided to start a business, the first few (or more) likely won't be your best.
- Enjoy the journey as well as the little wins.
Guests: Karl Hughes (@KarlLHughes).
Hosted By: Matthew Setter.
Thanks for tuning in to Free the Geek. If you'd like to be a guest on the podcast or know someone who'd make a great guest, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. This podcast is produced by Matthew Setter.
If you want to support the show, you can always buy me a coffee. I'd greatly appreciate your financial support.