Manage episode 363358984 series 3471999
In this episode, David interviews Frank, a staff engineer at Personio, a big HR company based out of Germany. Frank has been in the industry for close to 15 years and has worked with various programming languages such as PHP, TypeScript, Kotlin, Java, Go, and Rust.
Frank's interest in event-driven architecture started when he worked on a project for Schiphol airport. The website needed to ingest flight information as close to real-time as possible, and the only real way to do that for the scale they were at was through an event-based integration. Frank believes that event-driven architecture is the only way to do things for some projects.
Creators & Guests
- (00:00) - Introductions
- (01:45) - The Knowledge of Others
- (06:35) - A Need for Event-Driven Architectures
- (10:45) - When to Event Source
- (19:15) - What is Event Sourcing
- (24:50) - What is CQRS
- (27:40) - Crossover of Microservices and Event-Driven
- (36:45) - Challenges of Event Sourcing
- (41:40) - Exciting Futures