Manage episode 280899631 series 52378
It's time for our 14th Annual Review Episode! Despite the challenges of 2020, it has been an outstanding year for Brain Science: the show passed 11 million downloads and Dr. Campbell released of second edition of Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty.
This episode is also a great introduction for new listeners. It can be enjoyed even if you haven’t listened to the episodes being discussed. A free transcript is also available for this episode.
Here is a list of this year's episodes:
- BS 165 (encore) Stephen L. Macknik and Susana Martinez-Conde, authors of Sleights of Mind: What the Neuroscience of Magic Reveals about Our Everyday Deceptions
- BS 166 Stephen Macknik describes new a visual prosthesis
- BS 167 Stanislas Dehaene, author of How We Learn: Why Brains Learn Better Than Any Machine . . . for Now
- BS 168 Cecelia Heyes, author of Cognitive Gadgets: The Cultural Evolution of Thinking
- BS 169 (encore) R. Douglas Fields The Other Brain
- BS 170 Andreas Nieder, author of The Number Instinct
- BS 171 Matthew Cobb, author of The Idea of the Brain: The Past and Future of Neuroscience
- BS 172 György Buzsáki, author of The Brain from Inside Out
- BS 173 Excerpt from Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell
- BS 174 Georg Northoff, author of The Spontaneous Brain: From the Mind–Body to the World–Brain Problem
- BS 175 Carol Tavris, co-author of Mistakes Were Made (but not by me)- an exploration of cognitive dissonance
- BS 176 Seth Grant explains synapse complexity
- BS 177 Bernard Baars and David Edelman talk about consciousness
- BS 178 Peter Sterling, author of What Is Health?: Allostasis and the Evolution of Human Design
Note: the transcript for this episode is Free. Additional show notes and more episode transcripts are available at brainsciencepodcast.com.Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- Brain Science comes out on 4th Friday each month.
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (autographed copies are available)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: http://speakpipe.com/docartemis