TIP528: Mastermind Q1 2023 w/ Tobias Carlisle and Hari Ramachandra
Manage episode 356382220 series 1394353
Stig speaks to Tobias Carlisle and Hari Ramachandra. Stig only owns five individual stocks, and in this episode, he outlines why he added Spotify as the newest addition to his portfolio. Hari’s pick, Disney, has recently been extremely volatile, and Tobias pitches Amgen, a value stock with strong downside protection in uncertain times.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
0:00 - Intro
01:24 - Why Hari is bullish on Disney (Ticker: DIS)
34:39 - Why Stig has invested in Spotify (Ticker: SPOT) as one of the five stocks he owns
1:00:46 - Why Toby is bull on Amgen (Ticker: AMGN)
1:31:18 - Whether Chatbot GPT will disrupt Google’s wide moat.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Meet up with Stig, Toby, and Hari at the TIP events at the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder’s meeting.
- Listen to Mastermind Discussion Q1 2022 - TIP418 or watch the video.
- Listen to Mastermind Discussion Q2 2022 - TIP450 or watch the video.
- Listen to Mastermind Discussion Q3 2022 - TIP475 or watch the video.
- Listen to Mastermind Discussion Q4 2022 - TIP496 or watch the video.
- Our FREE stock analysis resource, Intrinsic Value Index.
- Subscribe to our FREE Intrinsic Value Assessments.
- Tobias Carlisle's podcast, The Acquires Podcast.
- Tobias Carlisle's ETF, ZIG.
- Tobias Carlisle's ETF, Deep.
- Tobias Carlisle's book, The Acquirer's Multiple – read reviews of this book
- Tobias Carlisle's Acquirer's Multiple stock screener: AcquirersMultiple.com.
- Tweet directly to Tobias Carlisle.
- Hari's Blog: BitsBusiness.com
- Tweet directly to Hari Ramachandra.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Enjoy a hardware wallet designed for your whole Bitcoin journey with Blockstream Jade. Use coupon code Fundamentals to get 10% off.
- Get an overall better student loan experience with College Ave. Plus, get a chance to win a $1,000 college scholarship. No purchase is required.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!