BTC119: Merging the Energy Sector with Bitcoin Mining w/ Harry Sudock (Bitcoin Podcast)
Manage episode 356642947 series 1394353
Preston Pysh is joined by Bitcoin miner, investor and strategic thinker, Harry Sudock. They talk about the current status of the mining industry and how they're dealing with an all-time high hash rate combined with prices that are still significantly down. Harry shares his thoughts on the ever-changing policy and legal rules around Bitcoin and Bitcoin mining, and much more.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:28 - Harry's thoughts on the massive amount of hash rate that has recently come onto the Bitcoin network.
06:37 - Some considerations that many don't understand about the mining sector that make it so difficult to compete globally.
14:41 - Harry's thoughts on policy and legal changes in the United States.
22:09 - Why companies like Shell are now the primary sponsor of the Bitcoin Miami conference.
25:11 - What is the biggest road block preventing them from actioning such a strategy?
27:25 - What is it going to take to get more energy companies buying Bitcoin infrastructure to strengthen their earnings and delivery of power to the grid?
30:50 - A discussion around Trey Kelly's letter to the TVA power company.
34:13 - Harry's thoughts on Nuclear energy and its impact moving forward.
39:35 - Home mining and why it's so difficult.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Harry's Twitter.
- Harry's Nostr.
- Trey Kelly's letter to the TVA.
- Grid Mining.
- Related Episode: Listen to BTC036: Bitcoin Mining w/ Harry Sudock, or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to BTC014: Bitcoin Mining and Energy w/ Marty Bent & Harry Sudock, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- Get an overall better student loan experience with College Ave. Plus, get a chance to win a $1,000 college scholarship. No purchase is required.
- Set, track, and manage your financial goals as your life evolves with Scotia Smart Investor.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Easily diversify beyond stocks and bonds, and build wealth through streamlined CRE investing with EquityMultiple.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.