Manage episode 248166002 series 2530687
DUNEDIN. OTAGO. The day after stabbing 22 year old Sophie Elliott to death, the 10th of January 2008, Clayton Weatherston appeared in court in Dunedin -- he pled not guilty to the charge of murder. This began long and lengthy court proceedings.
Visit www.truecrimenz.com for additional information on this case. Including a transcript of this episode, with supporting pictures, sources, and credits.
If you are a victim of family violence or in a relationship that makes you fearful about your own or anyone else's safety, seek help as soon as possible. We have linked some resources in the show notes. You have the right to be safe.
- Women’s Refuge crisis | 0800 733 843 - 24 hours
- Family violence information line | 0800 456 450
- Shine National Helpline | 0508 744 633 - 9am to 11pm
- Shakti - for migrant and refugee women | 0800 742 584 - 24 hours
- National network of stopping violence | 03 391 0048
- Elder Abuse Helpline | 0800 32 668 65 - 24 hours
- Gandhi Nivas - supporting men to be free from violence | 0800 426 344
- Hey Bro helpline - supporting men to be free from violence | 0800 HeyBro (439 276)
- Hohou te rongo kahukura - outing violence - building rainbow communities free from violence
- You, me, us - promoting healthy queer, trans and takatäpui relationships
- Sensitive Claims ACC | 0800 735 566