Manage episode 348541481 series 2898074
Very few people feel like ‘natural’ networkers and most people feel uncomfortable in business networking situations. Part of that discomfort stems from how we position ‘networking’ in our minds, and a lot of it is down to how we prepare for the event.
Networking, just like speaking, has never been bigger. Online networking is still as popular as it was during the pandemic for many reasons, and now in-person networking is back in play.
And regardless of how you feel about it … the bottom line is that if you want to grow your career or business then you must build relationships and grow your network. If you know that you’re avoiding networking or you want to get better at it so that you can rock 2023, then you’re in the right place.
That’s because my guest on this show is Charlie Lawson. Until relatively recently, Charlie was the UK head of one of the biggest networking organisations, BNI. On top of that he has written two books of networking - ‘The Unnatural Networker’ and ‘The Unnatural Promoter’, and he is also an international speaker on the subject.
He is on a mission to show people and organisations how to generate more leads and grow their profits through networking, and he is here to share some great tips with you!
What you’ll discover:
- Why Charlie calls himself an unnatural networker.
- How his feelings about networking used to impact his networking success.
- What he did to go from feeling uncomfortable about networking to leading the BNI in the UK 13 years.
- How Charlie prepares for a networking event.
- What being a networking superhero looks like.
- Why and how you should lead the networking conversation with differentiation.
- The ingredients of a good elevator pitch.
- How to use stories in networking.
- How speaking has helped Charlie build his brand and business.
- The big mistakes people making when they network.
- Tips for getting more referrals and business.
All things Charlie:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out: