Manage episode 323942259 series 2908271
This month’s episode of Discourse! covers issues of misinformation as it pertains to the upcoming Philippine presidential elections in May 2022 and to debates in the Orthodox church following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Be sure to tune in with Paul-François Tremlett, Daniel Gorman Jr., and Andie Alexander to find out more!
Watch the video episode here
Podcast Information Correction:
- The Ukrainian Catholic Church is in full communion with Rome. Learn more here.
- “A Church (Further) Divided: Putin’s Patriarch Now Faces a Rebellion from within the Russian Orthodox Church” Religion Dispatches
- “The bride wore fatigues. The wedding party carried rifles and RPGs.” The Washington Post
- Russian Orthodox Church in America
- “Head of US Ukrainian Catholic Church urges Americans to ‘call out people like Tucker Carlson’” Insider
- “Why white evangelical Christians are Putin’s biggest American fan base” MSNBC
- “Putin is ‘making it a religious war’ — Head of U.S. Ukrainian Orthodox Church slams Russian leader, Moscow Patriarch Kirill” The Salt Lake Tribune
- “Pope Francis criticizes the war while Orthodox Patriarch Kirill echoes Putin’s rationale for fighting” The Washington Post
- “Pat Robertson Insists Putin ‘Compelled by God’ to Invade Ukraine and Kick Off ‘End Times’” The Daily Beast
- “‘Baka matanso kayo’: Moreno warns Muslim youth of ancestors’ sacrifices during martial law” Inquirer News
- “Duterte said kill the bishops – and his word became flesh” Rappler