E74: Creating Impact Around Equity in Brands & Media with Zach Overton
Manage episode 335083645 series 3269577
In this week’s episode I talk with Zach Overton, Senior Director of US Marketing Devices & Services at Google Pixel, to hear about his fascinating career journey that brought him Google, providing purpose in his work and redefining the limits within a company.
Feeling paralyzed in our work is a shared feeling among many, but there will always be moments to redefine our influence, align our values and bring our voices. Learn how Zach overcame the feeling of ‘Imposter Syndrome’ and pushed the creative bounds of Google to provide purpose, inclusion and equality to one of the largest tech companies in the world. His storied career is inspiring and well deserved.
Powerful takeaways from today’s conversation:
- There are always opportunities to contribute and drive impact in our work
- We should feel entitled to do great work and have what we want, so get over the fear of imposter syndrome!
- Dedicate your work to a brand that you believe in
- Purpose drives confidence
- We must dedicate our work to equality, diversity, and inclusion
Zach Overton LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zachoverton/
THE RE:INVENTION EXCHANGE - for more Inspired Content, Blogs, Podcasts, RE:INVENTION Virtual Chats, or to buy a copy of my book RE:INVENT YOUR LIFE! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? by Kathi Sharpe-Ross, visit https://www.thereinventionexchange.com
IG: KathiSR_Chief_Reinventor FB: Kathi Sharpe-Ross or The Reinvention Exchange
LinkedIn: Kathi Sharpe-Ross Twitter: KathiSR or The Reinvention Exchange