Manage episode 342532360 series 3340361
In this week's episode of The Positive Perimenopause Podcast, I speak to Dr. Ron Eaker, a board-certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist from Augusta, Georgia.
As well as being a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Dr. Eaker is the author of three books including his most recent “A Woman’s Guide To Hormone Health”, a book on everything menopause.
Dr Eaker is also a clinical advisor to the American Running and Fitness Association and has
completed sixty five marathons/half marathons on three continents!
Dr Eaker takes a truly holistic approach to treating menopause symptom. He believes in a healthy lifestyle as prevention but also HRT for symptom treatment if necessary.
In this conversation we discuss:
- How Dr Ron became interested in women’s health and in particularly menopause
- The power of supportive partners during menopause
- How sharing experiences helps normalise menopause
- Some of the differences between HRT in the UK and the US
- Symptom treatment versus prevention treatment
- How preplanning for menopause can reduce symptoms
- How reshaping your belief system is essential for a happy menopause
To get in touch with Dr Eaker:
To get in touch with me:
To discover where you're at in your menopause journey, you can go to my quiz: https://www.pollywarren.com/coulditbemenopause