Manage episode 348902654 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're excited to have Gabriel Teninbaum -- law professor and founder of Spaced Repetition Systems -- joining the podcast to speak about how the spaced repetition learning technique can help with your law school and bar exam studies.
Note: If you're interested in checking out spacedrepetition.com for yourself, you can use the coupon code TOOLBOX15 for 15% off any product on the website.
In this episode we discuss:
- Some background on our guest Gabe Teninbaum, and why he's passionate about spaced repetition
- The theory behind spaced repetition and how it works in practice
- Using spaced repetition to memorize material as a law student
- How early in your study should you start using the spaced repetition technique?
- Does learning with spaced repetition as a law student help lay the foundation for bar study?
- How you can use the spacedrepetition.com website for your law school and bar exam studies
- Spaced Repetition Systems, LLC (https://www.spacedrepetition.com/)
- NCBE – National Conference of Bar Examiners (https://www.ncbex.org/)
- Emanuel Law in a Flash (https://www.aspenpublishing.com/study-aids/emanuel-series)
- The Pimsleur Method (https://www.pimsleur.com/the-pimsleur-method)
- How Spaced Repetition Can Help You as a Law Student – Part 1 (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/how-spaced-repetition-can-help-you-as-a-law-student-part-1/)
- How Spaced Repetition Can Help You as a Law Student – Part 2 (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/how-spaced-repetition-can-help-you-as-a-law-student-part-2/)
- The Complete Guide to Memorization in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/the-complete-guide-to-memorization/)
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity, by David Allen (https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Things-Done-Stress-Free-Productivity/dp/0143126563)
- One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School, by Scott Turow (https://www.amazon.com/One-Turbulent-Story-Harvard-School/dp/0143119028)
- Bar Exam Toolbox Podcast Episode 191: Quick Tips – Using Spaced Repetition to Memorize (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-191-quick-tips-using-spaced-repetition-to-memorize/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee