Manage episode 340885581 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today on the podcast, we have guest Alexis Yee-Garcia, who manages diversity, equity, and inclusion programs at a BigLaw firm. We talk about how people with diverse profiles - whether racial, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender identity, or sexual orientation - find their place in today's legal profession.
In this episode we discuss:
- Alexis Yee-Garcia's professional background
- What does "diversity and inclusion" mean in the legal employment context?
- How can you tell if a firm is really serious about diversity and inclusion?
- Participating in minority career fairs or summer programs
- How to leverage a diverse background throughout your legal career
- Suggestions for people who want to get into the field of diversity and inclusion themselves
- CareerDicta (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta/)
- Law360 Diversity Snapshot (https://www.law360.com/pulse/articles/1513061/the-2022-diversity-snapshot)
- The American Lawyer (https://www.law.com/americanlawyer/)
- Podcast Episode 258: Law Clerks for Diversity (w/Guest Danielle Barondess) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-258-law-clerks-for-diversity-w-guest-danielle-barondess/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee