Manage episode 340192671 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! The topic of today's "Listen and Learn" episode is Criminal Procedure. Specifically, we're talking about a few topics related to the prosecution of a criminal trial: burden of proof, presumptions, and sufficiency of the evidence.
In this episode we discuss:
- The burden of proof in a criminal case
- A review of the substantive law defining murder
- Rebuttable and irrebuttable presumptions in jury instructions
- How do we know whether the prosecution has met its burden?
- When can the defendant move for a judgment of acquittal?
- Analyzing two hypos from previous California bar exams
- “Listen and Learn” series (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/law-school-toolbox-podcast-substantive-law-topics/#listen-learn)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2008 (https://nwculaw.edu/pdf/bar/February%202008%20Essays%20and%20Sample%20Answers.pdf)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, July 2010 (https://juraxbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/July-2010-CBX.pdf)
- Podcast Episode 248: Listen and Learn – Introduction to Homicide (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-248-listen-and-learn-introduction-to-homicide/)
- Podcast Episode 295: Listen and Learn – Due Process and Equal Protection (Con Law) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-295-listen-and-learn-due-process-and-equal-protection-con-law/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee