Manage episode 339312370 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, as part of our "Listen and Learn" series, we're discussing Criminal Procedure, specifically what is needed for a valid search warrant, and the situations in which a warrant is not required.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is a warrant?
- Requirements for a valid search warrant
- Eight exceptions to the warrant requirement
- Analyzing two hypos, from the July 2009 and February 2006 California bar exams
- “Listen and Learn” series (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/law-school-toolbox-podcast-substantive-law-topics/#listen-learn)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, July 2009 (https://nwculaw.edu/pdf/bar/July%202009%20Essays%20and%20Sample%20Answers.pdf)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2006 (https://nwculaw.edu/pdf/bar/February%202006%20Essays%20and%20Sample%20Answers.pdf)
- Bar Exam Toolbox Podcast Episode 141: Listen and Learn – The Fourth Amendment (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-141-listen-and-learn-the-fourth-amendment/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee