Manage episode 337850805 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! In today's episode from our "Listen and Learn" series, we talk about the two most heavily-tested types of legal remedies for a breach of contract.
In this episode we discuss:
- Legal remedies and equitable remedies for a breach of contract
- The rules for expectation damages and consequential damages
- Different loss-mitigation scenarios
- Analyzing two hypos from previous California bar exams
- “Listen and Learn” series (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/law-school-toolbox-podcast-substantive-law-topics/#listen-learn)
- Hadley v. Baxendale (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadley_v_Baxendale)
- Examples & Explanations for Contracts, by Brian A. Blum (https://www.amazon.com/Examples-Explanations-Contracts-Brian-Blum-dp-1543807631/dp/1543807631/ref=dp_ob_title_bk)
- Podcast Episode 341: Listen and Learn – Contract Defenses (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-341-listen-and-learn-contract-defenses/)
- Podcast Episode 344: Listen and Learn – Contract Formation (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-344-listen-and-learn-contract-formation/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee