Manage episode 344391879 series 2391274
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we have Marina Modlin, founder of Modlin Legal, with us to share some real-life estate planning advice.
In this episode we discuss:
- Marina's background and current practice
- What does "estate planning" entail?
- The "default" system of estate planning versus the "opt-in" system
- Life events that should really trigger you to deal with your estate plan
- How to start the conversation around estate planning with parents/grandparents
- Pros and cons of the estate practice area
- When you can try to do estate planning on your own, and when to seek help
- Modlin Legal (https://modlinlegal.com/)
- CEB Trusts & Estates Solutions (https://www.ceb.com/solutions/trusts-and-estates/)
- Trusts 101 (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/trusts-101/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee