Manage episode 342242504 series 2391274
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we have ex-BigLaw recruiter Sadie Jones with us to talk about looking for legal jobs in the current economy, where law firm hiring is slowing down and some layoffs may even be happening.
In this episode we discuss:
- A look at recent periods of economic challenges
- What fuels BigLaw work?
- For students interested in BigLaw, how concerned should they be right now?
- What can students do to position themselves for a summer associate position/job offer, in any economy?
- How to analyze in more depth which firms to apply to and where to accept an offer
- Learning to be flexible on desired practice areas
- If a BigLaw job doesn't pan out now, is all lost?
- CareerDicta (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta/)
- Above the Law (https://abovethelaw.com/)
- How to Search for a Law Job in an Uncertain Economy (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/how-to-search-for-a-law-job-in-an-uncertain-economy/)
- Tips to Finding Post-Graduate Jobs During a Recession (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/tips-to-finding-post-graduate-jobs-during-a-recession/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee