Manage episode 338563905 series 2391274
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we're talking about the parol evidence rule, which governs evidence that parties to a contract dispute can introduce when determining the specific terms of the contract.
In this episode we discuss:
- The definition of parol evidence
- Exceptions to the parol evidence rule
- The difference between a partially integrated writing and a fully integrated writing
- Analyzing two hypos from previous California bar exams
- “Listen and Learn” series (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/law-school-toolbox-podcast-substantive-law-topics/#listen-learn)
- Examples & Explanations for Contracts, by Brian A. Blum (https://www.amazon.com/Examples-Explanations-Contracts-Brian-Blum-dp-1543807631/dp/1543807631/ref=dp_ob_title_bk)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2010 (https://juraxbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/February-2010-CBX.pdf)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2020 (https://www.calbar.ca.gov/Portals/0/documents/admissions/Examinations/February-2020-Essay-Selected-Answers.pdf)
- Podcast Episode 341: Listen and Learn – Contract Defenses (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-341-listen-and-learn-contract-defenses/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee