Manage episode 325417702 series 3007702
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Mattress Temperature Tech: https://www.eightsleep.com/dave, use code DAVE to save $250 on the Pod Pro
Health Upgrades with Custom Lab Testing and Your Data: https://get-base.com/DAVE, use code DAVE to get 20% off your first month of membership
Vascular System Protection: https://arterosil.com/DAVE/, save up to 45% a 3-pack to protect your blood vessels from vulnerable plaque.
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE HUMAN UPGRADE™...
…you’ll learn how nature, human health, and climate activism interconnect. Emma Loewe, environmental journalist and senior sustainability editor at mindbodygreen, joins the show to share how nature can restore all aspects of your health. You’ll find out how you can reap the benefits of specific nature landscapes, wherever you live or roam.
You’ll come away from this episode with:
- Tips on how to combat stress, anxiety and burnout by being outdoors.
- Actions you can take to conserve the landscapes you care about.
- Mindset shifts that will change the way you think about the climate crisis.
In her new book, “Return to Nature: The New Science of How Natural Landscapes Restore Us,” she’s researched the ways eight distinct nature landscapes improve your physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Parks & Gardens
- Oceans & Coasts
- Mountains & Highlands
- Forests & Trees
- Ice & Snow
- Deserts & Drylands
- Rivers & Streams
- Cities & Built Environments
Emma shares research-backed ways to explore nature now and protect it for the future, including SRT (stress-reduction theory). This theory says that humans are hardwired to relax while looking at environments that have extensive views, areas to retreat, and essential resources like shade and water.
“Return to Nature” also offers:
- Mindful exercises you can do in short or long chunks of time that allow you to fully experience nature when you’re in it.
- Additional resources about the eight natural landscapes Emma writes about.
- Nearly 30 pages of research references!