Manage episode 308274232 series 2801440
Today we discuss celebrating life, having a mindset that sees you through struggles, and adapting.
Welcome back to the 127h episode of the Hard Thing Podcast.
Today I share my conversation with former Navy Seal, Marty Strong.
Here are some highlights from today's show:
- Marty's hardest thing was dealing with the unexpected death of his son
- Life should be celebrated, not mourned
- Selection processes are designed to find those with the right mindset
- Developing the right mindset deals with ensuring your current identity matches the current reality
- Never be too attached to what you are or were
We also got some great action items from today's guest:
1. Celebrate life more
2. Develop a sense of humor
3. Get a good idea of what you want to do
4. Try to maintain a positive perspective
5. Exercise intellectual humility
6. Take 20 min for vision creation
Thanks for listening to the show. Make sure you subscribe so you never miss an episode.
Support the Show:
Patreon donation link:
Audible (Free Audiobook):
Share the podcast with one person who could really use it.
Leave a rating and a review.
Subscribe to the podcast so you don't miss any episodes. We are on Google Play, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify.
Buy one of our Shirts or Hoodies
Again thanks so much for listening, and stay tuned to next week. Keep doing Hard Things, and Keep Overcoming Average.