The Defuse Podcast - Taking the guesswork out of protecting your privacy, reputation and status.
The Online Bodyguard with Bryan Flannery – Creating a Psychologically Safe Workplace with Behavioural Threat Management
Manage episode 373618145 series 3306745
In an increasingly unpredictable and sometimes divisive world how do we help the workplace be a safer place, not just physically but psychologically?
It is one thing ensuring that your workplace, place of worship or education is safe, it is quite another making it a place where you feel safe.
Do mass shooter drills at schools make students feel safer or make them feel anxious and scared?
Bryan shares his wisdom on how behavioural threat management achieves this through education and practice. Recognising that understanding the baseline behaviour of a person of concern is the key, and how it’s the deviation away from that baseline that is the key.
Bryan explains that by adopting this non-punitive caring practice organisations benefit from increased reporting and a proper management process that seeks to keep everyone safe, including the person of concern.
Bryan is the Founder and President of Foresight. His passion for keeping people safe inspired the development of Foresight’s robust, holistic approach to security and safety. Bryan’s deep experience with personal and executive protection, risk mitigation, security vulnerability assessments, and behavioral threat assessment and management underpin Foresight’s collective subject matter expertise and client services. Bryan’s background includes:
· Twenty-two years of military and law enforcement experience, specializing in Behavioral Threat Assessment, Physical Security, and the Protection of elected officials.
· Seventeen-year member of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals, and currently serves as President of the NW Chapter Board of Directors.
· Graduate of the California Highway Patrol Protection of Public Officials course.
· Certified Defensive Tactics Instructor.
· Medal of Valor recipient from the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association and Marion County Sheriff’s Office.
· Dynamic speaker having presented to international audiences in Personal Safety and Security, Threat Assessment, and Targeted Violence detection and response.