Manage episode 293747723 series 2892906
In this episode we will talk about suicide - focusing on those left behind and the coping with the suicide of another person.
It is important as we need to talk about it but it is still often taboo.
We first will talk about how PTSD/Depression warps ones sense of reality and then why it is not your fault.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) Veterans press 1 to reach specialised support. Press 2 for Spanish-language support
(The older number, 1-800-SUICIDE will probably stop working in the near future.)
Crisis Text Line: Text "HOME" to 741741.
National Crisis Line from Crisis Services Canada (Pilot Project, phone only at present): 1.833.456.4566
Other Crisis Lines by Region Alternatively, 211 works in most of Canada, and they can advise regarding local resources.
EU Standard Emotional Support Number 116 123 - Free and available in much of Europe
Tel: 0800-1110111 oder 0800-1110222
- Voice: 116 123 (24/7 Free to call, will not appear on phone bills, formerly 08457 90 90 90)
- Email: email@example.com
Shout - Crisis Text Line UK (https://www.crisistextline.uk/)
- Text: SHOUT to 85258
Helplines for Men from thecalmzone.net:
- Voice: 0800 58 58 58 (5pm to midnight nationwide, also 0808 802 58 58 London and 0800 58 58 58 Merseyside)
- Text 07537 404717 (5pm to midnight, start your text with CALM2)
- Online Chat: https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/
ChildLine (childline.org.uk), for those 19 and under:
- Voice: 0800-11-11 (Free to call, does not appear on phone bills)
- Online Chat: http://www.childline.org.uk/Talk/Chat/Pages/OnlineChat.aspx
- Email: http://www.childline.org.uk/Talk/Pages/Email.aspx
Papyrus HOPELINEUK, suicide prevention specialist service for children and young adults (under 35)
Hours are 9am – 10pm weekdays 2pm – 10pm weekends 2pm – 10pm bank holidays
- Voice: 0800 068 4141
- Text: 07786209697
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directory of suicide-related services: http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/suicide.php
13 11 14
For find one use: