Manage episode 324133200 series 3026831
In today’s episode of the ‘Career Change Maker’ podcast, I talk on the topic ‘How to Be More Confident in Your Career Change Choices’. I want to dive into how you can confidently take career change decisions in a way that's going to keep you moving forward rather than staying stuck.
The reason why I am discussing this topic is that often I see people waiting until they have any idea about what it is that they want to do before they take any action.
· 04:10 - The importance of recognizing the correction process does not begin with identifying what you want to do next because before you even get to that point, you need to know why this is what you want to go for.
· 06:25 - It's not about what should I do because should is the issue, should is probably the thing that got you to where you are now feeling like I'm just showing up every day doing a job that I don't want to do.
· 08:10 - If you're someone who's saying I've been trying to figure this out for ages, I've been going around in circles, just asking myself, what else should I do? What we start with is, what do I need for me to feel happy and fulfilled in the role.
· 10:37 - If you don't feel confident enough then you need to ask yourself, how am I coming up with the answers or the potential options.
· 12:20 - What you need to be able to do is to position yourself in a way that attracts the type of opportunities that you want going forward. But if you're not confident in yourself, then it's difficult to position yourself correctly in the marketplace.
What you will learn:
- · Most of the thoughts that you think on a day-to-day basis are repeated. The statistic is that 90% of anything today is repeated for both yesterday, and so the things that you are consistently thinking about and the way that you're consistently approaching things is the pace at which you're trying to decide on doing something different.
- · It is difficult to say this is the type of role which is right for me, because when you get to a certain point or phase in your career after you've gone through the first phase of settling into your professional role and climbing the ranks a little bit, then you want that role. Also, if you're not taking the time to check in with yourself, then it's likely it's going to be hard for you to identify what the right type of role is.
- · In my Group Coaching Program, when I work with my clients, I talk a lot about making data-driven decisions. They don’t make decisions on a whim, instead, they take an approach where they ensure that they’re doing all that they can and collect enough data so that they can make an informed decision about the steps that they’re going to take to move them forward.
Other episodes you may also enjoy:
Episode 166: Want To Make More Impact And Have More Satisfaction In Your Career?
THIS EPISODE IS BOUGHT TO YOU BY THE CAREER CHANGE MAKER PROGRAM
This episode was brought to you by my signature program, the Career Change Maker Program.
If you are looking for support with changing career direction, book a suitability call >>