Successful Performercast by Kris Sheppard | Successful Performer Cast | Weekly Interviews with Professional Entertainers | Show Business, Showbiz, Performer, Magic, Magician, Juggler, Comedian, Musician
S7E9: Josh London - Internet Marketing Part 2
Manage episode 111827529 series 87502
In the second half of this series, Josh London goes in-depth on how to setup a Google Adwords campaign, what to have on your landing page, and specific strategies to help you get results from your internet marketing efforts.
Google Adwords Overview
• This is the main platform to do paid advertising.
• Differences between ads and organic search listings.
• Have your website in order first.
• Advantages of using paid traffic vs organic traffic.
Settings for Google Adwords
• Creating a campaign, and which type of campaign to use.
• Start small, then expand your search parameters.
• Choosing networks to display your ads on.
• Choosing geographical locations and using it’s advanced features.
• Setting up your bid strategy.
• Setting up your daily budget. (Generally between $10–20 per day)
• Delivery method.
• Wading through advanced settings.
Creating the Ad
• Knowing your target audience and taking that into account.
• Know your end goal and work backwards.
• Look at your competition and do something that stands out. Something different and unique.
• Portent.com/tools/title-maker for ideas.
• Make sure it matches your landing page.
• Headlines and description lines.
• Split testing ads.
• Start with Google’s planner tool, but know that you’ll have to do a lot of tinkering.
• Types of keywords: broad match, phrase match, and exact match.
• Negative keywords.
• Let data drive your decisions.
• Longtail Pro is a good service to help you with picking keywords.
• Keep in mind: Everything is setup for Google to make money.
• How to tweak and adjust things as you have your ad running.
• Tips to finding keywords you should use.Landing Pages
• What should your landing page have?
• It should complete your goal.
• Call to Action
• Have an opt-in incentive to get them to give you their email address. Something like a price sheet. This is often more effective than a contact form.
• Mailchimp is a great service to use for this.
• Everything needs to line up from the landing page, to the ad, to the search terms they originally used to see your ad.
• Make it as easy as possible for your client to get in touch with you and get your prices.
• Begin to build a relationship with your prospect.
• Building your list is the best way for you to make sales online.
• Create dedicated landing pages for each ad group that you have.
• Don’t have ads point to your home page.
• Unbounce and Lead Pages help you to split test your landing pages.
• Your landing page is the most important part of your online marketing campaign because, that’s where the conversions are made.
Where can we find Josh London?