Manage episode 291058279 series 2101162
This week on Real Talk with Rachael I'm talking with recording artist Rachael Lampa. Rachael has been enjoying music industry success since her teen years, yet ask her what her richest accomplishments are, and you’ll hear a lot more about the relationships that have formed her on the road, the fans that have become dear friends, the beauty that has bridged impossible gaps in ministry to the marginalized and the miracle of her own growing family and sense of home. Even while her own story continues to unfold, Rachael’s driving passion is to elevate the stories of those around her, using the vehicle of soul-filled music to help her access hearts in a way nothing else could. Faithful is an organic continuation of Rachael’s journey, connecting the souls of modern women with the heroines of the Bible who birthed their spiritual heritage and proved time and again a God completely devoted.Key Points from Our Conversation:
- Rachael got a record deal after singing at a Christian festival when she was 14. For the next 8 years, she toured regularly and released new music. Living a life filled with travel and music at an early age allowed her to build deep trust in God and develop a unique relationship with Him.
- "God speaks through fun." We are innately drawn to fun things that bring us joy - it's part of God's design.
- After spending time working with women in prisons and jail and being inspired by God's faithfulness to them, Rachael decided when she got back into music, she would write for them, to them, and about them. The Faithful project is a fulfillment of that commitment.
- The project features authors and artists coming together to tell the story of God’s faithfulness in and through the women of the Bible.
- Throughout the writing process, Rachael found multiple comparisons between the women God partnered with in the Bible and the women she met in prison. He was faithful then and He remains faithful now.
- If you're in need of encouragement, remember there is power in the name of Jesus. You don't need to have all the words, just say His name and invite Him to wash over your situation.
- There is power in partnering with other women and being able to see and hear each other without a time restraint or agenda. When we make space for God to move, He births new ideas.
In this episode we talk not only about God's faithfulness, but how much fun He is. This week I encourage you to think about what is fun to you and make time to do one of those things this week. Also, ask God to show you how to make any situation fun.Episode Sponsor:
Sign up for JOYmail – my monthly newsletter that’s full of resources that deliver a little joy and practical action steps for life into your inbox.