Manage episode 339099306 series 3342345
Get the week's news on Kubernetes, the cloud native landscape, and the wider world of tech. Co-hosts Eric Gregory and Nick Chase break through the jargon and help you make sense of it all.
This week, Eric & Nick walk through some exciting alpha features from the Kubernetes 1.25 release, W3C's bumpy road to a HTTPS transition, whistleblowing at Twitter, a Unix legend still updating core utilities after 45 years and much, much more.
A full list of topics for this week include:
- Alpha features for K8s 1.25
- Deno's promise of NPM compatibility & speed
- Astro web framework hits 1.0
- W3C's transition to HTTPS
- Twitter's ex-CSO whistleblower
- Google Cloud Stops big DDOS attack
- Twilio hack
- Quantum entanglement from 12KM
- Brian Kernighan adds Unicode support to AWK