Manage episode 334493664 series 3342345
Each week, Eric Gregory, Sr. Technical Writer, and Nick Chase, Director of Technical Marketing & Developer Relations, break down the interesting & impactful stories from across the cloud native technology landscape. Nick wasn't able to make it this week, but Eric is joined by special guest host John Jainschigg! John is the Director of Open Source Initiatives at Mirantis, and one of the most technically knowledgable members of our team. Eric & John discuss two major organizations transitioning to cloud native models, a new vulnerability in the NGINX Ingress Controller, the impact of machine learning on both 5G security & astronomy, and much more!
This weeks topics include:
- Security firm Lightspin discovers NGINX Ingress Controller vulnerability
- FedEx quantifies the "digital transformation"
- Gov.UK PaaS sunsetted in favor of public clouds & Kubernetes
- BIG public cloud news: AWS surpassed by Azure as #1 cloud provider
- Machine learning's impact on 5G & Edge
- Webb Space Telescope images & AI
- Island paradise ponders tax-free, "digital nomad" visa