Manage episode 224705251 series 2474440
On this episode of Podcasting Smarter, Jen and Vernon meet with Justin Emery, owner of New Media Studios, at Podcast Movement and learn how he transitioned from a job in radio, to owning a full-service podcast studio in Philadelphia while also producing his own podcast, Deja Brew.
Justin's Podcasting Smarter Tips:
- You don't need a laptop or computer to record a podcast
- Don't drink too much beer while podcasting
- For mobile recording he recommends the H6 Zoom Portable Recorder which gives you up to 4 inputs.
- Good sound quality should be a priority
- Be an engaging host --don't be bland. Entertain your listeners and care about your show.
- Just start. Nobody is great in the beginning. You get better by doing not by stalling.
Justin's hypothetical podcast about his life: "What The F Is Going On Here?"
Justin's Fantasy Podcaster: Benjamin Franklin