Manage episode 356184114 series 3422775
Have you ever wondered how a set is designed for your favorite show?
In this episode, I sit down with Madie Hays, who designs sets for tv, film, and theater productions.
Madie Hays is an LA-based Art Director, Scenic & Production Designer currently working mostly in TV and film. You can find her set designs on Apple TV +, HBO Max, and Netflix.
We get into a multitude of topics including:
- how a set is built
- Madie’s experiences working on shows
- what to look for in a set as a viewer
- sustainability and diversity in the industry
- tips for for anyone interested in set design and the film/tv industry
- recommended shows for viewing beautifully created sets
05:15 | How is a TV, Film, or Theater Set Built?
18:41 | Madie's Story in Set Design
24:21 | Examples of Madie's Projects
28:18 | Tips for Anyone Interested in Being a Set Designer
31:18 | What You Can Look for in a Set
33:10 | Researching for Period Pieces
35:17 | What Happens to a Set After a Show?
35:58 | Sustainability and Diversity
38:29 | Madie's Recs for Beautiful Sets
Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Music: Pasemos el Rato by Autohacker
Where to find Madie:
Where to find me: