MI261: Building a Second Brain w/ Tiago Forte
Manage episode 356581343 series 2539397
Rebecca Hotsko chats with Tiago Forte about "Building a Second Brain," including how it enhances productivity, improves creativity, helps manage information overload, and much more!
Tiago Forte is the Creator of Building a Second Brain, Founder at Forte Labs where he helps people improve their productivity using the principles, techniques, and tools of design thinking.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
0:00 - Intro
02:38 - What “Building a Second Brain” is and how it can help us be more productive, and creative to improve our informational life.
11:40 - How to use your Second Brain to deal with information overload.
20:17 - How to improve productivity by prioritizing tasks in the most efficient way.
23:26 - Tiago’s approach to making and tackling a to-do list in the most productive way.
29:43 - What are some common pitfalls he sees individuals make that hold them back from reaching their goals?
39:18 - The difference between having a goal vs a project.
41:04 - How Building a Second Brain can help us become better investors.
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Check out: Building a Second Brain.
- Tiago’s writings: Forte Labs Blog.
- Related Episode: Listen to : MI230: Buffett Indicator Says Market Is Overvalued w/ Lance Roberts , or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Set, track, and manage your financial goals as your life evolves with Scotia Smart Investor.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Connect with Tiago: Twitter | LinkedIn
Connect with Rebecca: Twitter | Instagram
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!