MI Rewind: Richer, Wiser, Happier w/ William Green
Manage episode 356887364 series 2539397
Clay Finck chats with William Green about how the greatest investors taught him how to live a better life, the lessons William learned in simplifying an investment approach, and much, much more!
William Green is the author of Richer, Wiser, Happier: How the World’s Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:56 - What led William to study the best investors not just to discover the investing lessons, but also to learn how to live a better life.
13:10 - What William’s biggest takeaways are in interviewing and studying Charlie Munger.
38:23 - The lessons William learned in simplifying an investment approach.
45:30 - What it takes to know if you’re ready to buy individual stocks and try to outperform the market.
56:34 - The benefits of having conservative finances and how Bill Miller has influenced how he views this subject.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- William Green’s book, Richer, Wiser, Happier.
- William Green’s book, The Great Minds of Investing.
- William Green’s book, The Education of a Value Investor.
- Related Episode: Listen to TIP398: Wisdom From the Greatest Investors w/ William Green, or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI084: Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, And Berkshire Hathaway w/ Adam Mead, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Connect with William: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
Connect with Clay: Twitter
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!