Manage episode 302915558 series 149534
This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast is brought to you by Hotel Riu Plaza New York Times Square, which is where you should be booking your stay when you come see us for the Managing Madrid Podcast LIVE in New York City in December. Tickets to the New York podcast are here.
On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse discuss:
- Why a message of caution is needed after this win
- Mallorca's injury list and terrible defense
- Carlo Ancelotti's starting XI
- Eduardo Camavinga's defensive positioning
- Is this Marco Asensio performance something "real"?
- How sustainable is this offense?
- Asensio's CM role and why it might get exploited in other games
- The performances of Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo Goes
- Should Rodrygo be a starter?
- Our xG (today, and beyond)
- Our defensive gambles and high line
- Carlo's ability to resuscitate players
- Karim Benzema's performance
- Fede Valverde's subtly great season
- Carlo's subs
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us on Patreon for more bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Book your tickets to these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast world tour:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices