Manage episode 332678940 series 1535359
Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss complementarianism and why a healthy ecclesiology is important for this conversation. Before you listen to this episode be sure to listen to Knowing Faith Episode #44 – A Generous Complementarianism.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What is a pastor?
- Why is there confusion over this office/title?
- How is this title misused?
- Who can be a pastor?
- How does the office of pastor relate to the priesthood of all believers?
- Who is qualified to do what? (Non-qualified men, women, non pastors, etc.)
- How should some of the other ongoing conversations among evangelicals and Southern Baptists shape the way we approach these questions?
- Pastor: Office an elder, bishop, overseer, pastor. Defined and reserved for qualified men, who are ordained, to function and hold the office in local churches of what it means to be a pastor/elder/shepherd.
- Episkopos (ἐπίσκοπος)
- Presbyteros (πρεσβύτερος)
- Poimenas (ποιμένας)
- Anthropology: The doctrine of humanity.
- Ecclesiology: The doctrine of the church.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Knowing Faith Episode #44 – A Generous Complementarianism
- Ephesians 4:11
- “Saddleback Female Pastors Debate Raises Bigger Questions for the SBC” Christianity Today Article
- Training the Church Cohort
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Explore the Southern Seminary degree programs designed to equip you to be more effective in full-time ministry or as a lay leader: SBTS.EDU/EXPLORE
Support Knowing Faith and Become a Patron: