Manage episode 301386568 series 1348711
#innovation #accounting #metrics #KPIs
See the full article at https://wp.me/p6pllj-1Di
We speak about what it takes to measure innovation progress, what companies and analysts get wrong, and how to think about metrics and KPIs in a different way.Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 - Esther's history with Startups in Holland, and the founding of Ground Control
- 00:02:45 - What is innovation accounting? It is the twin of corporate accounting but instead it is appropriate for innovation projects
- 00:04:30 - Traditional corporate accounting and analysis methods are not appropriate for innovation because they are used to reduce risk and improve efficiency, which do not work for innovation projects
- 00:07:30 - Why do we need metrics and management for innovation at all?
- 00:10:15 - What is learning velocity?
- 00:17:00 - Tools and indicators for the whole innovation portfolio
- 00:19:00 - Hurdles to introducing a system of innovation accounting to decision makers
- Innovation Accounting book: https://innovationaccountingbook.com/
- Ground Control: https://togroundcontrol.com/
- Esther's website: https://estheremmelygons.nl/
- Esther's Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/esthergons/
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/all-access-pass-insider-secrets/
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Spotify to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/4x1kANUSv7UJoCJ8GavUrN
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
* Subscribe on Google Podcasts to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVhdG92YWx1ZS5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw
Want to rapidly validate new ideas and innovative products and GROW your online business?
These are the tools I actually use to run my online businesses (and you can too):
* The best email management and campaigns system: ActiveCampaign (Free Trial) http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X * Best value web hosting: BlueHost WordPress http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X * Landing pages, Sales Pages and Lead collection: LeadPages (Free Trial) http://leadpages.pxf.io/c/1385771/390538/5673 * Sharing & List building: Sumo (Free) https://sumo.com/?src=partner_ideatovalue * Payments, Shopping Cart, affiliate management and Upsell generator: ThriveCart https://improvides--checkout.thrivecart.com/thrivecart-standard-account/ * Video Webinars for sales: WebinarJam and Everwebinar ($1 Trial) https://nickskillicorn.krtra.com/t/lwIBaKzMP1oQ * Membership for protecting content: Membermouse (Free Trial) http://affiliates.membermouse.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=735 * eLearning System for students: WP Courseware https://flyplugins.com/?fly=293 * Video Editing: Techsmith Camtasia http://techsmith.z6rjha.net/vvGPv
I have used all of the above products myself to build IdeatoValue and Improvides, which is why I can confidently recommend them. I may also receive affiliate payments for any business I bring to them using the links above.