Manage episode 294085427 series 1348711
In this episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with author Mark Herschberg, helped to start the Undergraduate Practice Opportunities Program at MIT, dubbed MIT’s “career success accelerator,”
See the full episode at https://wp.me/p6pllj-1Ao
We speak about the skills which are necessary to succeed in the future, but which aren't taught well enough at college.Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 - The types of skills which are required to become a good leader and manager but are lacking at universities
- 00:05:30 - Is it possible to improve soft skills?
- 00:08:15 - How to become more innovative by building different thinking modes
- 00:11:45 - Using mental models from one discipline and using it in a completely different field
- 00:14:00 - A case study showing the different ways which teams communicate, when not everyone has all the details
- 00:19:00 - The difference between rewarding outcomes, and rewarding making the right decision based on the information available at the time
- 00:22:30 - Is your company culture about permission or forgiveness?
- 00:24:45 - The value of peer learning groups
- Career Toolkit website: https://www.thecareertoolkitbook.com/
- Mark's Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hershey/
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/all-access-pass-insider-secrets/
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Spotify to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/4x1kANUSv7UJoCJ8GavUrN
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
* Subscribe on Google Podcasts to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVhdG92YWx1ZS5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw
Want to rapidly validate new ideas and innovative products and GROW your online business?
These are the tools I actually use to run my online businesses (and you can too):
* The best email management and campaigns system: ActiveCampaign (Free Trial) http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X * Best value web hosting: BlueHost WordPress http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X * Landing pages, Sales Pages and Lead collection: LeadPages (Free Trial) http://leadpages.pxf.io/c/1385771/390538/5673 * Sharing & List building: Sumo (Free) https://sumo.com/?src=partner_ideatovalue * Payments, Shopping Cart, affiliate management and Upsell generator: ThriveCart https://improvides--checkout.thrivecart.com/thrivecart-standard-account/ * Video Webinars for sales: WebinarJam and Everwebinar ($1 Trial) https://nickskillicorn.krtra.com/t/lwIBaKzMP1oQ * Membership for protecting content: Membermouse (Free Trial) http://affiliates.membermouse.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=735 * eLearning System for students: WP Courseware https://flyplugins.com/?fly=293 * Video Editing: Techsmith Camtasia http://techsmith.z6rjha.net/vvGPv
I have used all of the above products myself to build IdeatoValue and Improvides, which is why I can confidently recommend them. I may also receive affiliate payments for any business I bring to them using the links above.