136: Started a marketing company in 2011 that initially produced online courses on how to use WordPress to create websites. Pivoted to measurement setups, with average revenue growth of 20% & a total of 9 FTEs for over 10 years. (Chris Mercer)
Manage episode 301316832 series 2710338
In this episode, I interview Chris “Mercer” Mercer, co-founder of MeasurementMarketing.io based in Austin, Texas, USA, a marketing and advertising company that helps marketing teams and agencies build measurement marketing systems to increase their sales and produce scalable results. Chris has more than two decades of experience in sales and marketing and now he trains larger organizations of marketers.
Started a marketing company in 2011 that initially produced online courses to teach people how to use WordPress to create websites. Many people liked it and they pivoted into marketing through optimization of what they have started so far. They began doing measurement setups, got their clients through referrals. For over 10 years, they got an average of 20% revenue growth and a total of 9 FTEs.
Chris says that what he loves the most in growing a small business is the result produced by their systems. It is how the system works for the business and at the same time being able to see what works for the business.
This Cast Covers:
- Help marketers, marketing teams, and agencies figure out how they measure their marketing.
- Helping marketers know their numbers in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Teach them how to use tools like analytics, tag manager, and data studio so they can grow their numbers.
- Offers training for larger organizations to expose them to measurement marketing culture.
- Training helps marketers implement the measurement systems set for them to know what to do with their numbers.
- How measurement marketing systems help marketers see exactly what’s happening in their business.
- The power of analytics in implementing the system and how the system works for the business and at the same time monitor the progress.
- The importance of hiring rightful individuals who want to help grow the company, and learn how to grow up in a company.
- How the platform of measurement marketing produced scalable results by means of the system implemented.
“You don’t hire to hire somebody, you hire to not hire everybody.” —Chris Mercer
“Look for somebody who wants to grow the company, and wants to learn how to grow in a company.” —Chris Mercer
“My biggest lesson growing an organization was being aware of that self-sabotage.” —Chris Mercer
“Success is being able to produce a scalable result.” —Chris Mercer
“To marketing a fast-growing business, you have to measure it to have visibility on what is working and not working.” —Chris Mercer