Media Partnership - EU Green Deal Industrial Plan: accelerating decarbonisation to reach net zero
Manage episode 358583746 series 3340718
Hydrogen holds great promise as an energy carrier to both reduce our dependency on Russian gas and move Europe closer towards ‘net-zero’. The European Commission’s Green Deal Industrial Plan aims to provide more support for green hydrogen production and proposes the relaxation of State Aid rules towards clean technologies. On 16 March, the publication of a Net-Zero Industry Act will provide further insight into the Commission’s action plan.
This event will discuss what it takes to successfully attract clean investments to Europe, despite the US Inflation Reduction Act, and to address the twin climate and energy challenges. Panellists from the industry sector and the European institutions will present their views on:
• How does the Net Zero Industry Act answer the dilemma on accelerating decarbonisation while maintaining competitiveness for EU industries?
• How to attract investment in clean technologies and prevent industrial production moving overseas, instead of decarbonising?
• Does the US IRA challenge the EU lead on green innovation and decarbonisation? Did the US IRA prompt any spill-over effects globally?
• Are the proposed measures enough to enable the Hydrogen economy in the EU?
• Will blue hydrogen have a role to play in the path towards green hydrogen?