Manage episode 307278301 series 2816876
As business owners we often feel like we do not have enough time in the day. Personally, it isn't easy to accomplish my work goals and personal aspirations if I don't manage my time wisely. Over the past 20 years I have learned that the more time I spend doing one thing, the less time I have to do other things. If you're reading this, then the chances are that you're feeling the same way.
It is challenging, if not impossible, to predict one's success. A considerable percentage of people will predict they won't succeed at their goals, but many are pleasantly surprised when they do. The problem is that people don't want to take the proper steps to achieve what they want. Procrastination often gets in the way; people say they don't have the time, but it's really because they don't want to try.
That's why time is your equalizer. Whether you take the long or the short way, time matters in the end; it is the one thing that we all get. Time is the element that we can't take back. In today’s episode, 10 Time Management Tips to Help You Reach Your Goals, we dive into actionable steps you can implement immediately.
We will take a look at:
- Knowing your Goals - Setting goals should not be haphazard; you should only set goals within your control and realistically achievable.
- Understanding How You Spend Your Time - A month-long assessment is a great way to get an idea of your current habits. You'll be shocked at how much time you waste on tasks that you could easily avoid if you do this.
- Prioritizing Your Tasks - Do the most important and daunting tasks first.
- Planning Ahead - Set your daily schedule by deciding what you need to accomplish that day. Often doing this the evening before will ensure your day is set up for success.
- Time Blocking - To boost productivity is time-blocking using the Pomodoro Method.
- Protecting Your Time - You are the boss of your work. Sometimes it's not only okay to say no; it's required. You don't have to agree to everything someone asks of you.
- Walking Away - One of the best pieces of advice I ever received is this: Don't get attached to anything that is not moving forward. In other words, abandon or re-associate with people who are bogged down with the problems of yesterday.
- Declutter and Organize Your Space - Keeping things unorganized will cause your mind to wander off into the "doldrums" and prevent you from becoming mentally overloaded with the tasks at hand.
- Eliminate Mental Distractions - Distractions are tricky. In general, bad habits, natural inclinations to find distractions, and restless minds are all time-wasters.
- Work-Life Balance - You must prioritize yourself, your own needs and desires, along your overall goals.
Links For This Episode:
Get in touch with Jennie: