Manage episode 306958871 series 1176647
Kids have it rough nowadays. But it's going to get tougher if we as parents don't stand up for them. And that doesn't mean by setting rules only.
Now I understand there are times we need to be harsh, bold, and direct with our children. We need to train up our children (Proverbs 22:6) to set boundaries with no wiggle room.
However, it's not about being prisoners in our homes.
But at the same time, if all of our parenting skills revolve around discipline and no celebration, what will be retained? How will you be remembered, in their eyes?"With every strike of the tongue, there needs to be a stroke to the heart." ~ Kristianne Wargo The K.I.S.S. ~ Shout out your praise!
Rules and boundaries are set for many reasons.
- Safety and protection
- Education and teaching moment
- Respect and relationships
And within those sets of rules, there are consequences, good or bad.
But what about the celebration? What about your child knowing he/she did an extraordinary job in a difficult situation? What about when your child serves even though it wasn't the easy way to do so?
Our children need to hear our praise for them.
So how can you shout out your praise?
- Drop the "I told you so!" -- You might want to be right. But many times, it's better if your child realizes he/she did it right.
- Notice the little things. -- When they pick up their shoes, thank them for the effort. Acknowledge what your child does before he/she has to point it out.
- Celebrate out of the blue. -- Rave about your child, both to them and others.
Life is never easy growing up no matter what. But each of us as parents can groom our children's hearts to grow deeper and wider not because of being struck down all the time, but by the smallest thing that takes up the most room in their heart.
Shout out your praise!"Be present. Be incredible. Be YOU!!!"
#ConfessionsOfAnUpsetMama #CreateYourNow #TodaysParent
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Please stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6 and https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, Entrepreneur, LifeHack, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. Create Your Now Archive 7 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
10. NEW Website! Please check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
12. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Elina Fairytale on Pexels.com
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.