Manage episode 304803111 series 2938652
How can we be sure that the Resurrection really occurred? How was Jesus' Resurrection different to Lazarus'? Why do we say Christ 'descended into hell' in the Creed?
In this episode, we discuss Christ's Resurrection, and what it means for us as Christians today.
This episode covers Part One, Section Two, Chapter Two, Article Five of the Catechism.
References and further reading/listening/viewing:
(If you have any other suggestions for further reading/viewing/listening on this topic, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
On Christ's descent into hell:
- 1 Peter 4:6.
- Luke 16:22-23
On the Resurrection:
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-27
- Peter Kreeft, Evidence for the Resurrection.
- The Catholic Encyclopedia, “Resurrection of Jesus Christ”.
- St. Thomas' Aquinas. Summa Theologiae. Part Three, Question 53.
- Bishop Barron’s videos on the Resurrection (there are so many and they’re all so good but these are my favs):
On His glorified body and the promise of new life:
- Catholic Answers. What Was Christ’s Resurrected Body Made Of?
- Tolkein, J.R.R. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Book Three, Chapter V, “The White Rider”.
- Here's a cool YouTube clip of the Gandalf the White reveal from the movie. Watch from around 1:20. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhHDXimoLc
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Chapter Four.